REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD

REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD
REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD
10 good reasons to study abroad

1) Learn to master a foreign language

Who has not dreamed of being fluent in English? This universal language that National Education tries to inculcate us since our youngest age! Yet few are the students who are fluent in the language when they arrive in the final year ... Why? Because to truly learn English, it's better to be in an English speaking country! This is the case for all other languages. School learning will not allow you to become bilingual. To be it you will have to practice the foreign language in a regular and assiduous way! By going abroad to study, you will have no alternative but to get by in the language of the country. If this seems unlikely, think again, in just a few months you will see your level improve considerably.

In one year, you will master the language perfectly! This is the case of Cléa 27 years old: "I left for London after the bac. I was very bad in English! But wanting to work as a stewardess, it was essential that I know how to speak English! I enrolled in a year training, and I avoided too much hanging out with people speaking French! In just 4 months, I already understood everything that was said to me. At the end of my training, I spoke English fluently! At first I really hesitated, but today I do not regret this year in London! "

Being bilingual is an important asset in the professional or personal world. At present, mastering a second language has become almost indispensable.

2) Become independent and independent

In life, you sometimes have to jump into the water! Studying abroad will make you more independent, which will be a great asset for your future professional life. Maxime went to study in Quebec after his BTS, for him this experience allowed him to be more autonomous, more open and especially more mature. Choose your accommodation, solve last minute problems, take transport in a different country from yours, will allow you to gain autonomy.

3) Discover another culture

Every country has its own culture! And what a chance to discover a new way of life by studying abroad! Zela, as part of a university exchange, had the opportunity to perform a full year in China at Wuhan University: "I had the opportunity to choose several countries, but my choice was very quickly focused on the Asian continent, more precisely on China. I wanted a real culture shock! And I always wanted to discover Chinese culture. Plus, discovering the country for yourself can surprise you. Zela had a few priories about the Chinese and she was pleasantly surprised: "The Chinese are very welcoming, very warm to foreigners. It's true that Wuhan is reputed to be the craziest city in China, but with us the locals were very friendly! They are very funny. They are not used to seeing strangers so it was funny, some wanted to take pictures with us. "

Discovering another culture is also about food: "I'm not complicated about food! I have friends who have struggled to get used, who spent hours in the bathroom the first few weeks. What is good in China is that you can eat at any time! There are always fried noodle vendors! On the other hand, the small problem concerns food products. In France, I had my little habits, and here there are some products that I could not find ... and when I found them, they cost twice as much. Do not worry, if your stomach is struggling to adapt to the country's food, you can still find products from elsewhere, but it will take a small budget.

4) Make a new circle of friends

You hesitate to try the adventure for fear of finding you home alone at night? Do not be afraid ! Many students gone abroad, quickly created a new circle of friends! This is the case of Suzy, internship student in Dubai: "I made a lot of friends here! Frankly it's very easy to build relationships with people. They are of different nationalities! We go to the beach, we go in the evening, we travel in different Emirates together! Having friends from different backgrounds will allow you to enrich your cultural knowledge. But do not forget that the main objective of your trip is your studies!

5) Live a unique adventure

One thing is sure, after your stay abroad, you will be a changed student! An intense and unique experience. For Bérénice, a student in Dubai, "the city is crazy! We have the impression that anything is possible! It's an experience to live at least once in your life! There is a great solidarity among European expatriates. For his part, Gauthier, also in training in Dubai finds that "it's really a different world! Nothing is like France! It's a pretty fun city to discover! "

6) Enrich your CV

Tell yourself that this experience abroad will put your resume at the top of the recruiter's stack. It's a big asset! This proves that you speak a second foreign language, that you know how to manage alone, that you are not afraid to try new things ... Thanks to this adventure, your professional profile will make the difference, and will allow you to stand out when looking for a job. Lydia works in events, her experience has been beneficial to find a job: "With equal skills on the school path, I picked up an interview while some of my girlfriends who applied to the same offer were not recalled. I think my two years in the Netherlands played a lot! "

7) Discover new ways of teaching

Studying abroad also means dealing with a new teaching method. Classes are in the language of the country in which you are studying, so at first you may have some difficulties, but soon you will get used to them. The teacher-student relationship also differs according to the country. In Canada for example, professors are very accessible and present for students, there is no final exam but a continuous control, there are very few lectures, the priority is put on debates and exchanges . The motto is communication. Many students have a great memory of their time there, some have even decided to start their professional life there.

8) Make a good address book

Some trades ask to create a certain address book! Having a good international network of knowledge can be very useful for your professional development. Going to study abroad, you will rub shoulders with people from all over the world, Lola student in Dubai has made a fairly large network: "In Dubai, there is a large community Mexican, Spanish, French ... I Ties a maximum of links, I tell myself that it can always be used to make contacts! "

9) Take on a new challenge

Young people tend to always want to take on new challenges! And it's a great challenge to go abroad to study ... Last year Cindy went to China and the United States as part of her university studies: "I've always wanted to see what was outside France and I loved the challenge side! Being able to get by alone! "

10) Being financially independent

Going to study abroad can not be improvised overnight! But rest assured, several solutions are available to you:

Some schools have partnerships with foreign schools
In the context of a university exchange such as Erasmus
By using an organization like Education First or ISPA for example.
In all cases, before your departure you will be supported and advised on the steps to be taken before the day J.

Comments